January 30, 2009

Is It Just Me?

Lee and Low Books has a new site for homeschoolers, which is nice and all, but this excerpt from the press release really irked me:
"It is vital for children educated in homeschooling environments to be exposed to different cultures and to learn to accept people for who they are, despite cultural differences."
Really? Just homeschooled children? 'Cause it seems to me that being exposed to different cultures and learning to accept people for who they are would be vital for all children. Oh, but I guess I'm forgetting that homeschooled children don't get exposed to other cultures because they never leave their homes.

Is that condescending or is it just me? Has the anger stage of my grief kicked in? Am I misdirecting that anger at poor 'ol Lee and Low when they were just trying to do something nice for homeschoolers? Be honest. I can take it.

No comments: