July 29, 2009

We're Back!


It's 5 am and Jerry and I are wide awake. We arrived in Sacramento late last night after almost 24 hours of travel (if you count subway and layover time). I did start to write one post while we were in France and managed to upload a bunch of photos but I ended up getting really sick and never had a chance to put them in order or write about them--so that post is still waiting to see the light of day.

So, yes, I did get sick (three solid days worth of the worst flu I've ever had). I also fell down the stairs the first night there (curse those steep and twisty European stairways!). And I guess the Fates like book ends because when we got off the airplane in DC I ended up being unable to walk and had to get a wheelchair to take me from one gate to another! Warren, that ever sensitive husband-o-mine, laughed and video taped the whole thing. But that's another story.

Really, I just wanted to say we're back and we had a great time and the house was terrific. I'll post some photos from the first week in the next day or two.

In the meantime, here's a picture of Jerry and Summer harassing Warren. It was one of their favorite past times while we were there. And it was really fun to watch.

No comments: