January 3, 2011

Manic Monday

What a full, productive day! I started off with my usual Monday morning appointment at the home of my 95-year-old friend, Sol, where I spent a couple hours helping him balance his check book, write a New Year's letter, and get to the bank. Next, I came home and because I've been working so hard at getting the house organized (as evidenced by the complete mess in nearly every room) I was able to watch a movie ("Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown") in the middle of the day, absolutely free of guilt. Next I tackled one of the fullest, most intimidating boxes in my office. I had even decided to forgo my "Awesome 80s Dance Party" class (which I love!) in favor of going through the boxes. But, guess what!? I finished the box at 6 and class starts at 6:30. So I made it! When class was over I crawled home, checked my e-mail, and got a call from Warren saying he was almost home from work--at 8:00! (Yes, that's cause for celebration in the movie business.) And even though Warren had just said yesterday that we shouldn't spend money eating out, he agreed that we should walk down to the dosa truck (which conveniently parks a block from our house every Monday night) to get some dinner! So, we bought way too much food (including dessert) and stopped in at the wine shop to get some of the beers off of our list of 50 Beers to Try Right Now. Then we came home, ate our dosas, drank our beer, and watched an episode of Doc Martin. It was a near perfect day. Oh, and Jerry is having a sleep over at a friend's house which is really great because he hasn't seen much of this friend lately, so I know he's got to be really happy about it. There you have it. A round up of my first Monday of 2011. I hope to have many more just like it!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

A full day, but it sounds like you had a good balance there!
Hope you have many more near perfect days in 2011. xx

Cate said...

Sounds wonderful, but I do have to ask- what is a dosa??

Andrea said...

Yes, what is a dosa, and which beer did you try? I just went through the list, I have tried the Dogfish Head, which I have in the sunroom (it's cold here) right now.

Annette said...

Oh wow...I want to go to an awesome 80's dance class!!

:) Annette

Colleen said...

A dosa is kind of like a cross between a burrito and a crepe. It's Indian food. And we tried the Dale's Pale Ale from Oskar Blues, Andrea. For Christmas I gave all the men in my family six of the beers from that list and I made them a wallet-sized checklist of all 50 beers, plus I printed all the descriptions onto a longer list. It was a genius gift, if I do say so myself. And it was really fun when everyone was tasting their beers. Each pack had three beers that were the same in all of them (because I could only find them in packs) but the other three beers were unique to each gift. So we had lots of different beers to try since we could have sips of other peoples beer, too. It made me want to have a beer tasting party. That would be pretty fun, I think.

Sheri said...

What a great Monday! Glad Cate asked what a dosa was, because I didn't know either. Sounds interesting.

And I'm so checking out that list of 50 beers to try. I'm a wine girl myself but Hubby loves his beer and is always up for trying out new and interesting ones.

Shady Lady said...

I totally LOVE dosas, but can no longer eat them because of the darn gluten. :( Not fair!!