August 19, 2011

Quick Hello

Hi there. Long time no type. I'm just writing to let you know that I've deleted the other blog that I started (all five posts) and since I don't have much to say about unschooling anymore--it's just part of living life nowadays--I probably won't be posting here either. If you're new to unschooling you might want to go back to the beginning of this blog and read it in order. It'll give you a good sense of what to expect if you're coming from a pretty schoolish mindset. It'll also give you some good ideas on what not to do. And hopefully you'll find a few golden nuggets of wisdom thrown in, too. Unfortunately, a lot of wisdom was deleted when there was a glitch with my comments and all the comments from my wonderful unschooling mentors (JJ I'm looking at you!) vanished forever. Oh, well. C'est la vie.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the journey!

3 comments:

JJ Ross said...

Colleen, from the start you made it all happen! You've been like the Energizer bunny (I got such a kick from your circus adventures!) and I think I've never seen anyone so determined to make positive change, whatever it took. By now you've connected in person with successful unschoolers all over the globe. I've loved to see how you keep paying forward what you've learned. Stop in to say hi at Snook when you can, and I'll be anticipating your future efforts, maybe an Unschooling Librarian blog! :)

Hugs to you, Jerry, and Warren,
JJ

Sheri said...

Hi Colleen,

Was so happy to see you post, then was sad to see it is likely your last...at least here.

I've learned so much from reading your blog, the comments and just in general sharing our first steps in the unschooling journey together.

Can you believe it's been 4 years?

And I agree, it just becomes a way of living. So great!

I sincerely hope you're not giving up blogging for good. Maybe just looking for a new niche?

It's been a blast.

Later

Kerrie said...

nice to meet you! i've been homeschooling for 5 years ... 5 little kids ... and am making the move to unschooling slowly. working on an article about it ... i write for parenting mags ... love your blog! would you mind talking to me a little bit about unschooling ... something funny or cute I could add to my piece? it's about venturing into unschooling and my old views of unschoolers (lazy) and how now I see that prepackaged curriculums are lazy!