June 19, 2009

I'm On A Roll

Posting three days in a row! Can you believe it?! Of course, I don't have all that much to say today. I will, however, show you pictures of our guest room which has just been painted a color that I love, love, love! I couldn't be bothered to change the lense on my camera so I can only show you small bits of it. Here's one corner:
And here's another. Isn't it lovely and peaceful and serene? It's called "pure aqua" by Behr. Did I already mention that I love it?
And this is our new window. I couldn't photograph the entire thing because Jerry didn't want to be in the photo and he was sitting on the edge of the couch.
The living room got a new paint job as well but I'm just luke warm on the color. I suspect it would look better if we had a new couch but that's not going to happen (I'm on the lookout for a slipcover, though!).

I'm starting to plan some excursions in France and am really looking forward to visiting the cave paintings near Sarlat. I'm even thinking of hiring a guide but it's pretty expensive. Still, I think it would be so much more interesting for all of us if we had our very own cro-magnon expert! I'm also trying to figure out if there's a way we can spend Bastille Day at Carcassonne, which is far from Tours but they have a big celebration and we wanted to go there anyway (because we love the game!). So I might tie those two things together. I'm kind of conflicted about it, though. On the one hand, I want to take advantage of the fact that we're there and see all the things I want to see (or some of them anyway). But on the other hand I don't want to go overboard on hotel rooms when we have a house in Tours that we're not paying for! But four nights in a hotel might be reasonable...

Anyway, today is the day I'm taking the Volvo (we call her Roxie) in to get the air conditioning fixed. We've been living without air conditioning in that car for over two years now. But since we'll have to drive through central California on July 3 to take Patsy (the dog) to my mom's before we leave, I'm really hoping it's fixable. We tried to fix it once to no avail. So please keep your fingers crossed! Roxie is an old lady with over 200,000 miles under her belts and she deserves a little cooling off now and then--so do her passengers!

No comments: