December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

We've been up at my mom's place in Sacramento for the past week and have been having a great time. The day after Christmas we all went up to Tahoe to stay with my cousin and do a bit of family sledding. Here we are: from left to right this is my sister Jenny, her son Carson, my cousin's daughter Jessie, Warren, me, my brother David and his partner, Irene. What a fun day.

This is my cousin's son Tanner with Jerry.
My brother-in-law, Paul, with Carson and Jenny. That's Irene holding my niece, Layla, in the background.
My brother holding my sister's daughter, Cora.
Here's Carson. He told me the other day that his favorite color is red because it's the color of blood. :)
2010 is looking like it's going to be a good year. My brother seems to have gotten the job he interviewed for earlier in the week (after months of being out of work), my sister and her family are moving out of my mom's place and into their own apartment on January 15, and us, well, Warren is still unemployed with nothing on the horizon but we have money for another couple months in the bank and an offer to swap houses in a beautiful home in Point Arena ( a place among the Redwoods 3 hours North of San Francisco) in February. So I'd say things are looking grand!

Tonight we'll ring in the new year with family and friends and tomorrow we'll head back to L.A. so we can start 2010 at home.

Wishing you all a very happy 2010!

No comments: