October 26, 2009

Weekend Fun

We had such a great weekend. Warren managed to get off work on Saturday so we could go to the Kinetic Sculpture Race in Ventura. The weather was perfect and as soon as we arrived we ran into some friends from our Santa Monica unschooler park day. It was a real treat since we didn't even know they'd be there. I made a little video of the day to share with you all (or you three).

video

On the way home we stopped at a pumpkin patch where Jerry and Warren made their way through a maze.

Sunday we didn't have any plans. I got out of bed early to stop our cats from killing each other. Since I was up, I took my book and a blanket out on the deck with a cup of tea and read for a while. It was heavenly. Later in the day my sister-in-law called to see if she could drop her kids off for a couple hours so we had some surprise guests and it turned into an all day affair with pumpkin carving and dinner.


At the end of the day Warren, Jerry and I each did our own thing. I watch the 4th installment of the Python documentary, Warren did some laundry and Jerry watched a One Piece movie on his PC. Before I went to bed Jerry and I had a nice long talk (we've had quite a few late night chats in the last few weeks) and then I went to bed while Jerry went back upstairs to watch some late night television. All in all it was a fabulous weekend!

No comments: