April 26, 2010

Quick Update

We had a terrific time in Santa Barbara last week with the homeschool group. The train was an hour late, but that was the only hitch in an otherwise fabulous day. When we arrived in Santa Barbara we had lunch and then went to the lovely Santa Barbara zoo.

This past weekend was the L.A. Times Festival of Books at UCLA. I skipped it on Saturday, but managed to get there for a few hours on Sunday and made it to both panel discussions that I was interested in seeing (even though I didn't have tickets!). After the festival I spent a few hours updating the Book Drive page and linking all the books on the Books About Africa page to Amazon. I also changed the name of that page to "Wish List" and made a real wish list on the Amazon web site. My eyes felt like they were about to fall out of my head by the time I was finished!

Once I was done with my Web stuff and Warren was done battling the weeds in the backyard and Jerry was ready for a break in WoW (he reached level 60!) we went to Fosselman's Ice Cream Parlor where I had a delicious banana heath bar ice cream sundae with hot caramel sauce. Yum. Yum. Yum. Then we came home and watched Beverly Hills Cop, which I hadn't seen in ages. Eddie Murphy is hilarious and Jerry loved the movie.

Today I'll be catching up on homework, because I've waited until the last possible second to finish two big assignments. We're looking forward to a visit from one of our homeschooling friends in New Zealand at the end of the week. He's return from visiting his grandpa in the US Virgin Islands and will stopover at our house for a couple nights before heading back to NZ.

So, that's all the news. Sorry I haven't posted about Warren and unschooling yet. I will soon!

2 comments:

Shady Lady said...

Yum! I love ice cream. Thanks for the update! You all are always so busy! I don't know how you do it all and school, too!!

momentsofwhimsy said...

I totally concur with Shady! Your book drive sounds incredible - you are amazing girl.

Wish I was passing through LA .....mmmmm