January 15, 2010

LIFE is Good (Again!)

I (finally) made my hotel reservations for the LIFE is Good conference!! Yippee! I can't wait! I hit a glitch with the conference registration but I'm going to try again in a few minutes and hope that it'll work the second time around. If you're an unschooler and you live less that a thousand miles from Vancouver, Washington I urge you to attend. It's such a great time. This year I'm going to help out by pairing new conference goers up with seasoned conference attendees, so that newcomers don't need to feel out of the loop. I hope people will take advantage of the service because I think it will really help the first-timers to feel more included. At least I hope it will.

In other news, we've had an absolutely fabulous week. Jerry's new friend Kaiden slept over on Tuesday (after park day), then Summer came over Wednesday morning (have I mentioned how much I love having my niece come over) and we went to circus class, walked the dog (four people to one dog ratio), stopped at the store for ice cream, had lunch (and ice cream) at home, then I took Summer to our knitting group (in which we do way more visiting than knitting), came home, made dinner, watched "The Jerk" (hilarious), and Summer spent the night. Thursday morning Jerry had Japanese, then we walked the dog, picked up his friend, Shea, and Shea, Jerry, Summer and I headed over to Culver City where Jerry and Shea played D&D with two other boys while Summer and I went for a walk on the beach (I don't understand this fabulous weather we've been having, but I love it.) before I dropped her off at her dad's work. Then I picked up Shea and Jerry and brought Nik home, too. The boys played Nik's Halo game for a couple hours, had dinner, and then Nik's mom came to get him and I drove Shea home. Today I plan on recovering from the last few busy, very social days, and preparing for hosting a dinner party tomorrow night with the director and other editors from "Aliens in the Attic" (the film Warren worked on in New Zealand--by the way, have I mentioned that you should see the movie, buy the DVD, etc? Warren had a small speaking role as "Radio Announcer" in that movie, so he gets residuals!). So there's the dinner party tomorrow and then Sunday I'm going to dance class in preparation for the Jane Austen Ball which is a week from tomorrow! I love the Jane Austen Ball!!

So many good things all at once....

6 comments:

Frank said...

So cool about "Aliens in the Attic" but a big "HOORAY!" for seeing y'all at LIFEisGood!

Shady Lady said...

I live right across the bridge from Vancouver, WA. I so want to go to Life Is Good, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen this year. :( I'm hoping for next year... I'd love to meet you in person!

Colleen said...

Looking forward to it, Frank!! :)

Shady, you should stop by to say hello. Or maybe come for just a day (though you'll probably want to stay for more!).

Shady Lady said...

I would love to stop by or come for a day. Who knows what the future holds. It is definitely on my list for next year, though.

Cate said...

I'd love to attend one of these conferences, but it's a bit far for me. Ah well - that's why I have you to share what you have learnt!

Will look out for the DVD - go Warren!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.