May 4, 2010

I Would Like To Say . . .

. . . that when you find yourself wishing you had a broken leg or some other kind of accident or illness, just so you can stay in bed and ignore your responsibilities for a few days, it's time to recognize that perhaps you have bitten off more than you can chew.

It's fine, though. I'm fine. It's all good. Book drive. Buddy system. Homework. Renter moving in (an astronomer!). LIFE is Good. Maker Faire. Ben Folds concert. Selling furniture. Pulling weeds. Groceries. Laundry. Book club. Dog to vet. Jerry. Warren. Summer plans. The list goes on. But they're all good. All tasty morsels, so to speak. I guess I just need to chew slowly.

5 comments:

Cate said...

And take really really little bites - you have a stack on your plate!

Shady Lady said...

My goodness! I suddenly feel overwhelmed when you put it that way. Like Cate said, take really, really little bits...and then chew, chew, chew.

Andrea said...

It ain't easy having a life full of love, passion and giving! Be careful what you wish for, right? You rock, momma!

Sheri said...

Hehe, that made me laugh. Only a Mom would wish for a broken leg just to get some rest. ;)

You certainly have a lot going on, but then again when don't you? Like the others said, small bites and chew well.

JJ Ross said...

Been there, done that. When the kids were little and DH traveling a lot, I'd think how great it would be to have a nervous breakdown and be sent to one of those ritzy rest homes where I could wear flowing white clothes and walk in the gardens and no one would expect anything of me --