July 1, 2008

The Amazingness Of Freecycle

You may remember the sad day, one of our last in New Zealand, when Jerry lost his DS Lite and all his games. It had been his constant companion throughout our trip and a life saver for both of us on museum visits. When we got back home he started to play his old DS with the two games that had been left here. Back in NZ I'd told him we'd work toward rebuilding his stash of games but even used games aren't cheap so we haven't made much (okay, any) progress. Over the weekend I put an ad on freecycle. I didn't ask for DS Lite because I figured no one would want to give one of those away, and even though Jerry prefers the DS Lite to his old DS it just didn't seem right to ask for one. I just listed all the games he'd lost and hoped for the best.

And guess what!?

Within hours of posting on freecycle I got an e-mail that said, "I have a DS Lite for you." Can you believe it!? So we picked it up today. And there was a Mario Kart game with it. Jerry is one very happy boy.


As we drove toward home Jerry clutched his new DS Lite and said, "I'm so happy to have a DS Lite again. That's the amazingness of Freecycle!"

No comments: