August 4, 2010

Summer Fun

I'm really not supposed to get sucked into sitting at my computer, but my mom has requested a blog post so I'm going to write a quick update in the 10 minutes before I wake Jerry up to walk the dog (his request!).

First, some pictures from the last few weeks:

Etienne arrived on July 9. Ravenpaw took to him immediately.
And so did Charlie.
We all did, actually. The first day he was here we didn't do much. The next day we watched the World Cup

then we went to one of our favorite places, Will Rogers State Historic Park.



After playing frisbee we hiked up to "Inspiration Point" where Etienne literally ran circles around us at the summit. The boy has a lot of energy.

Monday we went to Mountasia for some mini-golf
go kart racing
video game playing
bumper boats
and ice cream at Farrell's.

I don't remember what we did Tuesday--rest, I suppose, because Wednesday we went to Knott's Berry Farm with Summer (my niece), and Etienne's sister, Laure.
I don't remember what happened Thursday, but on Friday we drove up to Sacramento where we met up with Patricia and her daughter, Alexandra, from Switzerland. They stayed at my mom and dad's house with us and we all went to the California World Music Festival.
The music festival was fun, but what the kids really liked was my mom's pool.
We drove home on Monday (or maybe Tuesday) and went to Knott's Berry Farm (again!) on Wednesday.

We spent the next couple days preparing for our vacation in San Diego, then left on Saturday for a week of fun with my family (mom and dad, brother and sister, and my nieces and nephews) at a resort near Legoland.

I'll have to post about San Diego later because those pictures aren't on the computer yet.

As far as what's going on with us now, all the guests are gone and we're enjoying an open schedule and time at home. I'm going to make some fig jam today, strawberry jam on Saturday, I'm cleaning, organizing, giving things away to clear space in our lives, watching movies with Jerry and going for walks. Etienne's family is coming for dinner on Sunday and I'm looking forward to meeting all of them. We were very sad to say good-bye to our French visitor, so we're glad we'll get to see him again!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Wow! Sounds like such an awesome time.

Glad to hear you guys are having a great summer!

(hehe, my verification word is "icate"...makes me think of our NZ friend.)

Lynn said...

Funny I came to post with WOW in my head to see Sheri said the same :-) Sounds like a fab time,pics are great.Enjoy the rset of the summer :-)x

Shady Lady said...

What a fun time you all had!! Great photos, too!!

JJ Ross said...

From these photos it looks like Jerry is getting out of the house a LOT, lol, so much for all your early unschooling worries! Hugs, JJ

Cate said...

Hehe - just saw Sheri's post.

Man, I need a lay down after reading your posts! You are so up and at 'em with your outings here there and everywhere.

Must confess that I had major flashbacks to our day at Rainbow's End with the pics of the karts and the bumper boats :-)