April 18, 2008

Still Waiting

Yep, we're still in Queenstown. Still at the airport. Still waiting for the clouds to lift so our plane can take off. We've watched a couple Air New Zealand flights sail off through the mist but apparently our Quantas plane hasn't been updated with the appropriate equipment for take-off in this weather. I was feeling so kindly toward Quantas after they put us up in that nice hotel but now--not so much.

This is, however, the first time in my life I've ever been stuck at an airport so I guess it's my turn. It had to happen eventually right? The only bad thing is that Warren has now landed in Christchurch. I've advised him to check out the Antarctic Center while he waits for us. He may be waiting for a long time. 

So what will happen to our fun family weekend? Will Warren be staying in our beautiful ocean-view room in Akoroa alone or will Jerry and I make it in time to be there with him. Will we ever leave Queenstown? When will Jerry get to watch Cartoon Network again? How long can a person survive on airport food?

No comments: