April 7, 2008

Unemployment/Vacation

So I quit my job but ended up having a major blow up on Sunday (while hiking up Rangitoto--the volcano--I was not unaware of the metaphor). I've decided that either a) I'm a complete basket case; b) I'm experiencing severe PMS; c) I'm pregnant (I almost wish it were true--it would explain what Jerry calls my "unstable" moods. The key word there, however, is "almost."); d) I am so very in tune with nature that walking up a mountain with seething magma at it's core caused my own emotional eruption. I'm gonna go with "d" because I don't like any of the other ones.

Unfortunately I don't have time to give you all the grisly details. Suffice it to say, I'm perched between traditional parenting and non-coercive parenting and I seem to have ended up stuck--unable to do either. I'm all confused and wishing I had my own personal guide every second of the day to tell me how to make it to the non-coercive side. JJ?




No comments: