Unfortunately I don't have time to give you all the grisly details. Suffice it to say, I'm perched between traditional parenting and non-coercive parenting and I seem to have ended up stuck--unable to do either. I'm all confused and wishing I had my own personal guide every second of the day to tell me how to make it to the non-coercive side. JJ?
I'm not so new anymore but back when I was new here's what happened: after three days of "teaching" my sixth grade son at home, I realized our relationship would never recover from an entire year of math worksheets, English lessons, and the feelings of frustration which marked the end of our, admittedly few, days. So this blog documents our first year of unschooling--the good, the bad, and the better--and then it just keeps on going...
April 7, 2008
Unemployment/Vacation
So I quit my job but ended up having a major blow up on Sunday (while hiking up Rangitoto--the volcano--I was not unaware of the metaphor). I've decided that either a) I'm a complete basket case; b) I'm experiencing severe PMS; c) I'm pregnant (I almost wish it were true--it would explain what Jerry calls my "unstable" moods. The key word there, however, is "almost."); d) I am so very in tune with nature that walking up a mountain with seething magma at it's core caused my own emotional eruption. I'm gonna go with "d" because I don't like any of the other ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment