January 22, 2008

Our Theme Song

We started our preparations for leaving town yesterday and since my house is a complete disaster, our main task is to clean up. Jerry's play room is--I don't think there's a word to describe it, now that I think about it. Disaster doesn't quite do it justice. I would post a photograph but then you would be able to see for yourselves how much stuff he has and it would be way too embarrassing. He has parents with a severe lack of restraint when it comes to buying stuff for their one and only. Of course, he can't play with most of it because he can't find it. So, last night we started with his War Hammer painting station. We cleared, cleaned, trashed, organized and sorted. It looks lovely now. We're going to do a small portion of the play room each day so it will be nice and orderly by the time we leave. And then of course, there's the rest of the house, which is better than the playroom, but that's not saying much. That's why I have chosen this as our theme song for the next two weeks:

Sing it with me! Pick it up, pick it up, pick it up, pick it up, pick it up, pick it up, pick it up, pick it up!

No comments: