Why?! Why?! Why must he torture me so?!
This is the conversation that took place this evening, at our kitchen table, between Jerry and his best friend, Jackson--and me. (Jackson's mom is considering homeschooling him next year.)
Jerry: You should homeschool next year J. Especially if you do it like me. I don't have to do anything!
Jackson: Yeah, but I want to learn something. I don't want to be stupid.
Jerry: I'm not learning anything and I'm not stupid.
Me (two octaves higher than my normal voice): You are too learning stuff!
Jackson: Like what?
Me: Like remember after the art exhibit the other day we talked about the internment of the Japanese-American people during World War II.
Jerry: We did? I don't remember that.
Jackson: Oh, we learned about that in school. They put entire families in one room and only had a sheet to separate them!
Jerry: Hmmm. I don't remember that.
Why? Why? Why? Why?!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment