January 10, 2008

Why Must He Torture Me?!

Why?! Why?! Why must he torture me so?!

This is the conversation that took place this evening, at our kitchen table, between Jerry and his best friend, Jackson--and me. (Jackson's mom is considering homeschooling him next year.)

Jerry: You should homeschool next year J. Especially if you do it like me. I don't have to do anything!

Jackson: Yeah, but I want to learn something. I don't want to be stupid.

Jerry: I'm not learning anything and I'm not stupid.

Me (two octaves higher than my normal voice): You are too learning stuff!

Jackson: Like what?

Me: Like remember after the art exhibit the other day we talked about the internment of the Japanese-American people during World War II.

Jerry: We did? I don't remember that.

Jackson: Oh, we learned about that in school. They put entire families in one room and only had a sheet to separate them!

Jerry: Hmmm. I don't remember that.

Why? Why? Why? Why?!!!!!!!

No comments: