February 15, 2010

Bliss

I am sitting at the dining room table of our home away from home, looking through the huge windows to my left. Off in the distance, beyond the pine trees, redwoods and green rolling hills the Pacific Ocean is just starting to peek through the fog. I'm going to put on some warm clothes and take the dog exploring on the 10 acres of land which belong to the owners of this house. But I just wanted to write a quick note on my blog to say, "Wow."

Wow. I can't believe we get to stay here. And I can't believe it's free. But we do. And it is.

Wow.

7 comments:

Zayna said...

A vicarious "Wow" from me.

:)

momentsofwhimsy said...

Me too!

Enjoy :-)

Lynn said...

Another one from me :-) Have fun!! x

Grammie said...

I guess I missed something....I thought you were going to New York? Where have I been? Where are you?

Shady Lady said...

So cool! Will you post pictures? I really need to look into this house swapping for the future...

Such Lovely Freckles said...

What Shady Lady said. I want to do something like that too... :)

Colleen said...

We're doing a house swap, Barb. In fact, I was thinking yesterday that this reminds me a little of your house, except that it's much more remote. You'd love it here. We go to New York next month.

Shady and Freckles, you should definitely do something like this! It's such a great, inexpensive way to get away for a while. Though, in the end this may turn out to be a very expensive trip because now I'm convinced that we NEED to buy a house in the mountains on a huge piece of land. ;)