February 11, 2010

C'est La Vie

I had a feeling it was too good to be true. The Vita-Mix is not going to be mine. Apparently the guy who offered it to me failed to check with the other resident of his house (his mother) before offering it to me. And she wants to keep it. Oh well. It's a good thing he asked her before giving it away! So, I'm still hoping some other giving soul who doesn't use his or her blender will see fit to give it to me.

In the meantime, I just interviewed a junior high school English teacher for the local paper and he was so interesting! He's exactly the kind of teacher you want your kid to have. I asked him if there was any one kid that he felt he'd really impacted in some way and he said that it's the kids who are making an impact on him. He said they teach him something new every day. What a gifted and inspiring guy.

And now we are down to the countdown. Our house swap begins at 1:00 on Saturday afternoon and the house is a mess. There is lots of work to be done! But at least we have a lovely, newly painted front door.

3 comments:

Shady Lady said...

Love the door!! Too bad about the VitaMix.

Lynn said...

Great colour on the door!
There is another vitamix with your name on it just waiting to find you:-)xx

Colleen said...

Thanks, guys. :)