February 8, 2010

Super Bowl

Jerry made his annual Super Bowl Sunday theme park trip with his friend, Jackson, yesterday. But for the first time I just dropped the boys off at the park and left them to their own devices. Jerry was a little nervous about it, but I couldn't justify spending money on my own ticket when funds are so tight. And it all worked out really well. Jerry had a great time and checked in with me throughout the day on his cell phone, and I was able to spend a few hours with my grandma. We visited for a couple hours, then watched the first part of the Super Bowl in the living room of her assisted living home with the other old folks. They were my kind of sports spectators. We all just rooted for whoever had the ball and cringed when anyone got tackled. So all in all it was a fine day for everyone!

We've had confirmation that the French boy will be staying with us for three weeks this summer, so that's really exciting.

Today I'm going to paint our front door. Well, I'm going to primer it today. I'll paint it (cobalt blue!) tomorrow. So, that's exciting, too (for me, anyway--our door has needed paint pretty much since we moved in).

I feel like moving to New Zealand today. I'll probably get over it, but every now and then the mood strikes me. Anyway, that's all I have to say, really. Sorry this blog has become so boring. I only keep up with it because I enjoy other people's blogs so much that I would feel guilty about dropping mine--just in case anyone feels the same way about mine. Ah, well, the paint can is calling!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

New Zealand is way to far!!!!
Sacramento

momentsofwhimsy said...

Come on down :-)

And NEVER stop blogging ok?? Looking forward to seeing some pics of your painting job.

C x

momentsofwhimsy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
momentsofwhimsy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
momentsofwhimsy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
momentsofwhimsy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Colleen said...

I fixed your multiple posts, Cathy! :) The door has had it's first coat. But the trim will have to wait until after our house swap next week. Still, I think it will look nice. I take some pictures when I'm done. And I'm going to try learning some Photoshop while we're away!

Ben Balsbaugh said...

Sharing a moment with the seniors in an assisted living home is very helpful for them. It will give them a sense of worth and love. And that is very important. Keep it up.

Grammie said...

You cannot ever stop your blog. I read it every day....that is when there is something to read! You've done a good job lately!

Shady Lady said...

I enjoy your blog and I really hope that you don't stop. And I can't wait to see the door! I love cobalt blue!