February 1, 2010

Jury Duty

That's where I'll be starting at 7:30 a.m. today--well, by the time most of you read this it will be today (Tuesday). I could have done an online orientation and reported later than 7:30, but because I'm lame and I forgot about it until this very second, I'm too late for the online orientation and I have to be there at the crack of dawn. Woe is me.

On the other hand, last time I had jury duty I met some really nice people who I've kept in touch with, so maybe the same thing will happen this time. Either way, I'll be bringing a few good books (I'm reading My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell at the moment--it's great!) and will spend the day doing some guilt-free reading, maybe a few crossword puzzles, and making new friends.

In other news, I've been going through our New Zealand pictures, trying to choose a few for a frame we're putting up in the hallway (a frame we bought for that very purpose over a year ago) and I found this one of our shadows in front of the Rotorua Museum of Art and History. I like it.

3 comments:

Zayna said...

You've been called more than once for jury duty?

My sister has been called twice...I thought that was really rare, I suppose not.

That's an awesome pic Colleen. :)

Shady Lady said...

LOVE that picture!!!

The only time I got called for jury duty was in Pennsylvania about 3 years after I left.

Cate said...

Love the pic. I've been called up a few times for jury duty here (odd when you consider that I'm an immigrant) - but have always been excused on the basis of homeschooling etc....