February 17, 2010

We're Moving!

Just kidding. But we would if we could. If Warren's work could happen up here, I'd pack my bags and move here in the blink of an eye. I love it! Even Jerry said he'd live here if only they had faster internet and satellite television. That's high praise. Warren likes it, but he's not prepared to move just yet. He's a city boy and wide open spaces make him nervous. I think I could convince him, though, given some time.

I woke up at 4 this morning and looked out the window to see that the cloud cover was gone and the milky way was clearly visible. It was so beautiful. I woke Warren up and we took a blanket out to the trampoline and lay on it, looking up at the stars. We saw at least 4 shooting stars in the 20 minutes or so that we were there. It was spectacular. It's easy to forget that we are just one of so many planets in so many galaxies when you live in the city. It's nice to be in a place where that's more apparent.

After our early morning stargazing, Warren and I slept in. We had a lazy morning and then, after lunch, the three of us (four if you include Patsy) drove to the Point Arena Lighthouse and took a guided tour (Patsy stayed in the car). This is the lighthouse.
And this is a view from the top.
It turns out that the entire city of Point Arena (and its lighthouse) was destroyed in the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. After our tour we walked along the bluffs. The pictures speak for themselves, I think.





We stopped in at a bakery on our way home and bought some delicious cookies and coffee, then came back to the house, played Pit, watched Warren jump on the trampoline (Jerry and I are still sore from our last jumping episode!) and now Warren and I are at our computers and Jerry is on the phone getting some advice on playing WoW.

Yesterday we took another walk around the property and found some wild mushrooms. I'm pretty sure they're the black chantarelles that the owner had told me about, so as soon as I send him a picture (just to be on the safe side) I'm going to pick some for a pasta dinner.

Another thing I did yesterday was create a full and easy to read accounting of my grandma's estate and how much it was worth and where the money has gone so far. I was so relieved when everything added up perfectly. It was right down to the penny! I'm hoping the estate will be wrapped up in the month or so. When I take my fee it's going straight into a savings account for a trip to the Galapagos Islands. Anyone want to go with me? Warren's not a boat person and Jerry's diet is too restrictive for that kind for travel, so I'm going solo! It may take a while before I've got all the funds together, so if you're interested in going there's still plenty of time to save! I'll keep you posted on the details.

Oh, and another thing we did yesterday was watch the sunset.

5 comments:

Grammie said...

You know, you can have all of that up here too! And there's plenty of movies filmed up here and in Canada. And then the rest of your family would start migrating up here.

momentsofwhimsy said...

What a beautiful area!
And I can't believe how tall Jerry is looking next to you now :-)

Shady Lady said...

Oh, how beautiful!!! The photos are wonderful. It looks like you all are having a fabuous time. :)

Serendipity is Sweet said...

It's gorgeous!

American Mom in Ireland said...

Can I come to the Galapagos? Will my kids be grown up by then?